Stanthorpe Tours are committed to using resources wisely, contributing to the conservation of the environment, and helping local communities. You too can do your part when travelling with us to promote responsible travel to help protect this hidden gem for the enjoyment of future generations.
What are we doing?
• Our buses are diesel engines and are regularly maintained by a reputable mechanic to reduce diesel emissions
• On tour, our drivers collect rubbish from bus at each stop. Rubbish is divided into recyclable and non-recyclable and disposed of accordingly.
• All booking forms and invoices are issued electronically and are encouraged to be sent back in the same manor, we ask you to please consider the environment before printing
• In our office we recycle all paper products, have installed energy efficient lighting and use environmentally friendly cleaning products
• We have a “buy local” policy wherever possible
• Supporting our region by being a proud member of Granite Belt Wine Tourism (GBWT), the official tourism body for the Southern Down and Granite Belt region.
What can you do?
• Recycling on tour by using the bin provided or handing rubbish to driver
• Whilst travelling reuse and refill water bottles provided and recycle it when possible
• Support the local communities we visit
• Take advantage of “Green Hotel policies to save energy and water consumption
• Continue recycling in your own homes and work places